Wednesday, October 22, 2014

That is What is Important

Crazy.

Hectic.

Overwhelming.

I could go on for days.

And I know I am not alone.

There are lots of us in this boat.

Only we aren't in the boat together. We are all scurrying along with our obligations or opportunities, if I may.

Why?

That is what I wonder?   Why?  What is the purpose of this?  What is really important?

You see, to me it is not all about the sporting event or recital.  Or the pictures I can put on face book.  Nope.  It is about the little moments I want to cherish.  To remember.

I have no dreams of having a child that is recruited to play sports in college.  Nope.  Not important.  I don't fit in.  I don't care.  I just can't see the importance.

It is more like this.  I have dreams of cuddles and snuggles on lazy Sunday afternoons.  I have dreams of family bike rides and picnics.  I have dreams of vacations on the beach.  I have dreams of baking cookies and planting flowers.  Washing the car together and having a water fight.  Reading stories and singing ridiculously loud.

Listing these dreams causes me to acknowledge how blessed I am.  The purpose of this is simple.  To love Him and love others.  My "others" consist of these 4 little beings and my husband.  I am commanded to live my dream.  To cuddle and snuggle and sing and on and on.  Wow!

That my friends is what is important.  I am thankful I see.  I am thankful for the important things.

No comments: