Sunday, August 29, 2010

A crazy little thing called Love




A little lesson on love during Sunday School really made me ponder the concept of "love". Our society has a corrupt view of love. We know there are many different facets to love. We love our children in a different way than we love our neighbors. We really overuse the word love, "I love ice cream". I mean really, do you love ice cream? I was thinking about things I love and this is what I came up with:
Please note this is not a list of everything or everyone I love. Just off the top of my head.
I love:
  1. My husband
  2. My kiddos
  3. Living in a safe place
  4. The smell of fall in the air
  5. Dessert
  6. Being pregnant
  7. Working with a purpose
  8. To teach and train ( totally in my element in front of a room of adults sharing information and facilitating conversation)
  9. Finishing a project
  10. Making decisions that I know will have a positive influence
  11. The clearance rack
  12. School (I will forever be a student)
  13. Honest people
  14. Time with my husband (I used to take that for granted)

  15. This crazy and blessed life we lead


    What does love feel like? What do you think? How do you describe the feeling of love? Is it that warm fuzzy feeling inside? Or when something takes your breath away? Leave me a comment.

2 comments:

Lindsey S said...

I "love" your interpretation of love. I see love as something that holds total and utter understanding. Things that are true and certain. I think love isn't something you feel; it's something that just is. I always say you make me think...you do...thanks.

Tammy said...

Love is what makes us happy. Ice cream makes up happy.