Monday, November 28, 2011

Simply Thankful

During the month of November there is a trend on Facebook to name one thing you are thankful for each day.  I cannot remember to post everyday, but I am very thankful for so many things....

I am thankful for God's plan for my life.  I am thankful that God sheds such grace, when I certainly don't deserve it.  I made the life changing decision to follow Christ as a young teenager.  Needless to say, I have strayed from Him in the past 18 years, but He never stopped loving me.

I am awed every time I consider the path God has laid for me.  I just cannot comprehend why I am so blessed, but I am simply thankful.  I strive to love others and show them His love.  In the book of Jeremiah, God promises that he knows us before we are even conceived.  I am so thankful for salvation through Christ.  And I am thankful, that He knows my name.

I am thankful that I am a Mom.  It is so difficult and rewarding all at the same time.  I often say, being a Mom is similar to putting arms and legs on your heart and allowing it to walk around.  My children are really my heart.  Now don't get me wrong, I oftentimes think I am doing a really terrible job at this parenting thing.  I get angry over unimportant things, fuss and complain.  But at the end of the day, I am thankful for my children and the daily lessons they teach me about this world.

I am thankful for a husband that loves God with all of his heart.  When Chris and I met, I knew he was incredible.  Several years ago, he rededicated his life and was baptized.  He is so disciplined to read
God's word ( he has read the entire bible more than once), attend church and pray.  He teaches me daily about Christ love and what it means for us.  I love to wake him up in the middle of the night to pray.  He wraps his arms around me and prays the most sincere prayers I have ever heard.  He also has such strong faith.  I am a worrier and he is not.  He has faith that God will take care of all things.  I know He will, but I struggle with worry.

I am thankful for my past.  I am thankful for the lessons learned.  I am thankful that my parents taught me so much about life before their time on earth was over.  My Mom taught me what true, selfless love is all about.  I strive to love my children the way she loved me.  My Dad taught me the value of work.  I have to believe that he would be proud of where I am and who I have become.

I am Simply Thankful for where I am, what I am doing and who I am doing it with. 

1 comment: