Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 08

The time FINALLY came!! The kids had been counting down to Christmas since July!! The presents were wrapped and we were ready for Santa. Vanessa, Jason and Halle are here visiting. When Ness and I were little girls it was a family tradition to attend the midnight candlelight service at our church, Wise Baptist Church. We had not particpated for the past couple of years. This year we were determined, we being me and Ness. Jason and Chris were not at all excited, they thought the idea was unfeasible with 5 children. Of course, Ness and I won the battle and we headed out in the middle of the night. I woke Anna Beth up and she said" I haven't even had time to go to sleep". The kids were relatively good. At the end of the hour long service Sam, Anna Beth and Ava were asleep. Maddie and Halle were still going strong. It was a great reminder of the birth of Jesus in all of its splendor and humility.





Santa was kind enough to leave HUGE Lollipops in the kids stockings!!




Santa and his elves built Ava this awesome rocking horse. She looks so cute in it!!




Anna Beth asked for an American Girl Doll that looked like her!! Against my better judgement we broke down and bought it. She was so excited!!







Sam loaded up on all the latest boy toys!! I am not much on purchasing boy toys, it seems that you pay a significant amount of money for plastic. Regardless, I always buy whatever he wants, even if I can't pronounce the name of the toy. He loved all of his new toys!!





Our sweet Maddie loved the gifts, however she did not want to open them. After she finally warmed up to the idea she opened her gifts and everyone else's.

1 comment:

Bella said...

What a wonderful post! Maddie looked so cute just sitting there, wondering what to do.
It's funny though, Santa left an American doll at our house as well.
Must be that age :) I see American Girl tea parties in the future. Ha