Saturday, January 24, 2009

Whats Goin On




Last Saturday we took a "field trip" to Hands On Museum in Johnson City with the Phipps family. It was lots of fun! The kids are already asking to go again!!





I spent last week in Charlottesville for a week long training. Chris was at home with the kids. In addition to following my directions (very well, I might add) he taught Maddie to count. It is so funny. He says, "Maddie wanta count" she says "yes" Chris proceeds to say "1" Maddie follows with "2" Chris says "3" Maddie says "4" all the way to ten. It is soooo funny! I am not sure if she will ever be able to count on her own :)!!

My training, at UVA, was awesome. I am not sure if the awesome part was having a hotel room to myself for a week or actually attending the training. Whatever the case, it was great for my mental health. I had the opportunity to go to dinner with Dr. Pianta. He is the author of the CLASS book that I was being trained on. It was very humbling to have the opportunity to spend time with him and hear the story behind the CLASS. I feel passionate about the book and encourage anyone that works in Early Childhood Education to read it.

No comments: